I love a good, easy recipe that I can make last minute and this recipe for Instant Pot chicken tacos is a family favorite. Most of the ingredients are almost always on hand in our household. I always keep a variety of canned diced tomatoes (fire roasted are my favorite), canned tomato sauce, various seasonings including packets of taco seasonings, canned or frozen corn kernels and of course we always have a bag of onions. So… lets add some chicken breasts and make a delicious chicken taco dinner!
With this recipe and your beloved Instant Pot you can have an awesome dinner ready in about 30 minutes. We’ll use boneless skinless chicken breasts which we can use either frozen or fresh. Here’s your guidelines for cooking times: fresh (not frozen) we’ll cook for for 6-8 minutes (6 minutes for smaller or thin sliced, 8 for larger chicken breasts); frozen breasts cook for 10-12 minutes (again, larger sized will go 12 minutes).
For final serving, I love to use the smaller sized corn tortillas, some fresh shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and sliced avocado. But of course you can add whatever taco ingredients you like.
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 packet (1oz) taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels, canned or frozen
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot making sure to evenly distribute the seasoning mix.
- Close and secure lid and make sure vent is closed. Set on "manual" or "pressure cook" for 6-8 minutes for fresh (thawed) chicken breasts; 10-12 minutes for frozen (longer times for larger sized chicken breasts). Allow natural pressure release (NPR) for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return to pot.
- Serve on taco shells with your favorite toppings.