This recipe for Instant Pot ham and cheddar egg bites is easy to make and is a perfect addition to any breakfast. They’re also perfect to bring to work or a quick breakfast on the go. They re-heat in about 45 seconds, they’re filling and they’re delicious!
Egg bites have become very popular in the past year or so, mainly because of the “sous vide” egg bites at Starbucks. Sous vide is a method of cooking that uses a very specific temperature water bath to cooking. We won’t be using sous vide for this recipe, but rather our favorite kitchen appliance – the Instant Pot.
To make these egg bites we’ll use silicone egg bite molds. We simply fill the egg bite molds with out egg bite batter and they spend 9 minutes on the steam cycle of the Instant Pot. When thy’re done, we’ll let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then once we remove them from the Instant Pot, we let them sit for about 5 minutes, then they’ll slide right out of the egg bite molds are are ready to serve.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz. diced ham
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of the silicone egg bite molds with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add eggs, shredded cheese, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add equal amounts of diced ham to the bottoms of each egg bite cup. Pour batter into to each egg bite cup - about ¾ full.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot. Place egg bite mold on trivet and lower into Instant Pot. Secure cover with sealing valve closed and set to "steam" for 9 minutes.
- Let naturally release for 10 minutes, remove from Instant pot and let sit for 5 minutes before removing egg bites from mold.