Your Instant Pot pressure cooker is perfect for making this quick and easy Parmesan Ranch potatoes recipe. You only need a few simple ingredients and a handful of potatoes and you’re ready to make the tastiest, cheesiest potatoes that everyone will love.
The flavors of Parmesan cheese and ranch seasoning go perfectly together. And making potatoes in your Instant Pot couldn’t be easier. I love the flavor of red potatoes. They’re also a bit sturdier than regular Idaho or russet potatoes, though both are excellent too. I always like to leave the skins on my red potatoes because they taste so good!
After scrubbing the potatoes, slice them up about 1/2 inch thick. Then cut those slices in quarters. Red potatoes vary in size. 2 lbs of red potatoes will wind up being around 6-8 potatoes. It’s ok if you’re over or under a little. Just cut em up and toss them in the pot. I’ve found that the perfect cooking liquid is a combination of water and low-sodium chicken broth. You can certainly use one or the other, but I think the flavors are perfect using 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water. Then toss in a 1oz packet of dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix.
After a 7 minute pressure cook, you’ll do a quick pressure release and start mixing in the Parmesan cheese. You do NOT want to just dump all the cheese in at once. You press cancel to stop the keep warm function, then use the saute setting on low. Now add the cheese 1/4 cup at a time while continually stirring into the potatoes and water. Slowly, the water will and cheese will thicken and by the time you have all the cheese mixed in, it will be a creamy delight. After all the cheese is mixed in be sure to press cancel to stop the saute mode. Then you’re ready to serve your delicious Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch potatoes.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 1oz packet of ranch seasoning/salad mix
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Scrub potatoes and cut into chunks of about 1 inch each.
- Place potatoes to Instant Pot and add water and chicken broth. Mix in ranch seasoning and salt.
- Secure lid and make sure vent is on sealing. Use manual/pressure cook setting for 7 minutes. When cycle is complete, do quick release and remove lid.
- Add Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup at a time stir until melted. Repeat until all cheese is used.