This recipe for oven baked boneless pork chops is one of my absolute favorites. We’ll use some brown sugar, ketchup and those little crispy onions to make an outstanding pork chop dish, right in the oven. No reason to brown in a pan, no need to fire up the grill. The prep takes 5 minutes and cooking just about 30 minutes.
Those little crispy onions that are so popular on top of green bean casseroles are a big star of this recipe. When combined with the awesomeness of the brown sugar and ketchup, it creates a sweet and savory flavor that lends itself perfectly to the pork chops.
For the last couple of minutes I like to put the pork chops under the broiler. This thickens the sauce and caramelizes and gives it just enough char to really bring out the flavors. I love to have extra sauce to put on each bite too. The sweetness of the brown sugar with the ketchup is simply outstanding. You can easily double the amount of sauce you make to keep plenty on the side.
- 2 boneless pork chops
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup crispy onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and ketchup.
- Put a pinch of salt fresh ground black pepper on both sides of the pork chops. Place in a foil lined shallow baking pan.
- Spoon enough sauce on each pork chop so they're well covered. No top with some crispy onions, enough to cover and press in a bit with fingers so they get into the sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Put under broiler for 3 minutes to thicken sauce and caramelize/char onions.