If you’re looking for a quick recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies that’s actually easy to make, this one is one of my all time favorites. And there’s 1 ingredient that makes a delicious difference – maple syrup. More on that in a minute.
There’s hundreds of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there and many of them are excellent. Problem is, many require a little more time and attention than I might have for those spur of the moment decision times or last minute times when one winds up making cookies. Does you child need to make something to bring to school? Or perhaps you have a special occasion to attend and you need to bring something. Well here’s the perfect recipe for that occasion. No need for having ingredients at different temperatures, or waiting hours in the fridge first, just get the ingredients together and start baking!
- 1 package (11.5oz) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ sticks (1cup, 3tbs) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer and mix softened butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Then mix in eggs one at a time and add maple syrup.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix flour mixture with butter and egg mixture until forma a nice cookie dough consistency. Takes a couple of minutes with an electric hand mixer.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon and mix chocolate chips into dough.
- Use your hands and make 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. You can usually get about a dozen on a sheet at a time. Space them a few inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins