- 1 package (11.5oz) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 sticks (1cup, 3tbs) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer and mix softened butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Then mix in eggs one at a time and add maple syrup.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix flour mixture with butter and egg mixture until forma a nice cookie dough consistency. Takes a couple of minutes with an electric hand mixer.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon and mix chocolate chips into dough.
- Use your hands and make 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. You can usually get about a dozen on a sheet at a time. Space them a few inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to complete cooling.