A delicious, homemade Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli that beats takeout any day. With all fresh ingredients, this recipe is an instant classic.
- 1.5 lbs. Flank Steak, sliced
- 1.5 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 6 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
- Chili Paste (Sambal Oelek), to taste
- ⅔ cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch + 2 Tbsp. Cool Water OR 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot + 2 Tbsp. Cool Water
- 4 Scallions, sliced
- Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- Cooked Rice, to serve
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into slices about ¾” thick. Add the avocado oil to the Instant Pot and select the “Saute” function. Once the oil is hot, add the broccoli florets and a pinch of salt and coat them in the oil. Saute for a minute or so – you just want them to move to slightly more cooked than raw for now, they will finish cooking later. Press the “Cancel” button and remove the broccoli from the Instant Pot and set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and chili paste to taste (usually about 1-3 tsp). Add the steak slices to the Instant Pot and mix in the soy mixture. Pour in the broth and make sure the steak is mostly covered with liquid. Place the lid on the Instant Pot with the vent set to the “sealing” position. Select the “Pressure Cook” option on your Instant Pot and set the timer to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then flip the vent to quick release to finish releasing any steam. Remove the steak slices from the pot and set them aside.
- Combine a tablespoon of cornstarch/arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of cool water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Pour the slurry into the Instant Pot and whisk for about 30 seconds, or until it’s well mixed into the sauce.
- Add the broccoli back to the pot and stir into the sauce. Press “saute” and let the broccoli cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until the florets are cooked to your preferred doneness. Stir the steak into the sauce until the broccoli and steak slices are coated in sauce. Season to taste with salt, chili paste and sriracha as needed.
- Plate the beef and broccoli and garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds. Serve alongside your favorite cooked rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: instant pot, beef and broccoli