This easy recipe for fish taco features mouthwatering fish filets seasoned to perfection with an amazing lime crema sauce to top it all off. Perfect for a delicious meal any night of the week.
For the Fish:
- 1.5lbs white fish filets (cod or tilapia are excellent options)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For Lime Crema Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt.
- Pat the filets dry with a paper towel and place on the lined sheet pan. Spoon the mixture over both sides of the filets as best possible.
- Bake the fish in oven at 400°F for 15 minutes or internal temperature of 145°F in thickest part of filets.
- While fish is baking, make the sauce. Add together the mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- When fish is done, remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes to cool before using a fork to break into bite sized pieces.
- Assemble the tacos! Place a handful of shredded cabbage on the tortilla with fish on top. Add a couple of dollops of the lime crema and sprinkle with fresh cilantro or other favorite toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican