Air fryer chicken breast seasoned with Mexican chipotle and cooked to perfection in an air fryer. Ready in under 20 minutes.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6-8oz each
- 3 tablespoons canned adobo sauce (see notes below)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste (about 1/2-1tsp)
- In a shallow baking dish, mix the adobo sauce (see notes for substitution), chipotle chile powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, oil and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add chicken breast and rub mixture into chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. (4 hours is better, overnight is best).
- Preheat air fryer at 360 degrees F for 5 minutes. Then place the marinated chicken into air fryer, air fry at 360 degrees F for 17-19 minutes (depending on size), flipping halfway through. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees F when done.
- Once done, remove chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Adobo sauce: The adobo sauce will be in 7oz cans of chipotles with adobo sauce. Simply use 2 tablespoons of the sauce for this recipe. For a substitute, use: 2tbs tomato paste, 1tbs cider vinagar, 1 tsp cumin and an extra tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prep Time: 7 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Air Fryer, Chipotle, Chicken Breast