These homemade French fries are made with fresh russet potatoes, hand cut, lightly seasoned and cooked to perfection in your air fryer.
- 1 russet potato, medium-large in size
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Slice unpeeled potato lengthwise into 1/4″ slices. Then cut each slice lengthwise 1/4″ wide.
- Place raw fries in a bowl and rinse under cool water for 1 minute.
- Dry raw fries well with a paper towel. This is important. We don’t want them to still be wet.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°(F) for 5 minutes.
- Place raw fries in a large zip-top bag or bowl and add oil. Toss to get all the fries coated with oil.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning and continue to toss until all the raw fries are well coated with oil and seasoning.
- Place fries in a single layer in air fryer basket or on air fryer tray. Do NOT overcrowd! This is important. Give each fry as much space as possible.
- Set air fryer to air fry setting at 380°(F) for 15-18 minutes or until desired crispness, shaking basket and tossing fries every few minutes. You can open air fryer and use a wooden spoon to separate fries as best possible.
- Carefully remove fries to a paper towel lined plate and they’re ready to enjoy.
You can easily double the recipe, but be sure to NOT overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray. Do multiple batches if necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American