This easy-to-make casserole features cooked chicken in a tangy, spicy, cheesy sauce, topped with golden crispy tater tots. Whether you’re hosting a game-day party or looking for a comforting family dinner, this dish is sure to please.
- 32oz Tater tots, frozen
- 3 cups cooked chicken *(see notes below)
- 1 can (10.5oz) cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup hot sauce (Frank’s)
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°(F). Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soup, cream cheese, shredded cheese, milk, ranch dressing, hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper until well combined.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce until evenly coated.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add single layer of tater tots on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and cheese bubbles around the edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Use 1 cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, skin removed and meat shredded or cubed. You can also use canned cooked chicken. Use 2 or 3 cans (9.75oz), drained. In total you’re looking for 1-1.5lbs of cooked chicken.
Spiciness (heat) level, as prepared, is about a 3 out of 10. Add another 4 oz of cream cheese to make thicker and to cut down on spiciness.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American