Tender, succulent pork loin with an easy crust of yellow mustard and crushed potato chips. This simple recipe uses only 5 total ingredients and is perfect for a quick and easy family dinner.
- Boneless pork loin roast, 3-4lbs.
- 3 tbs yellow mustard
- 4 cups potato chips
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse and pat dry pork loin roast.
- Apply salt and pepper, then brush pork loin on all sides, except bottom with yellow mustard.
- Crush potato chips in a zip top bag and apply to mustard coated pork loin.
- Place roast on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 375°(F) for 60-90 (~60 for 3lb roast, closer to 90 for 4lb roast) minutes or until internal temperature at center of roast is 142°(F). The absolute key to the timing is the internal temperature.
- Remove from oven and loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
You do not want to overcook a pork loin roast. Closely monitor the internal temperature while cooking. For optimal results, remove from oven when internal temperature at the center of the roast reaches 142°(F). Do this by checking the center of the roast with an instant read meat thermometer or internal temperature probe.
The total time in oven will be approximately 60 minutes for a 3lb roast; closer to 90 minutes for a 4lb roast.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 90min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American