Country style ribs cooked to perfection in your Instant Pot. Made with a sweet and savory rub seasoning and unbelievable BBQ sauce.
- 2lbs boneless country ribs
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp course salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs cold water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1tbs vegetable oil
- In a large, gallon sized zip-top bag (or a large bowl), mix salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, paprika, cayenne and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add country ribs to the bag with 1tbs vegetable oil. Close top of bag and shake to coat all the pieces of pork with the rub. Make sure all pieces are coated well.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode on high. When it indicates it’s hot, slowly add the country ribs with tongs. Sear on each side for 2 minutes each.
- When all sides are browned, carefully remove country ribs to a plate and press “cancel” to stop the saute mode.
- Add apple cider vinegar to Instant Pot and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot (scrape off all the stuck on bits). This step is important!
- Now add the chicken broth, Worcestershire and liquid smoke. Stir to mix. Add country ribs to the liquid. Add onion slices on top.
- Secure lid, close vent and pressure cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When time is complete, let natural release for 15 minutes (then release any remaining pressure).
- Carefully remove country ribs to a plate. Press cancel, then press the sauté mode again. Add ketchup. Mix the corn starch with one tablespoon of cold water (to make a cornstarch slurry) and add that to the simmering liquid. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Press cancel and sauce will thicken. Serve sauce over the country ribs.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45min + 15min release
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Country Style Ribs