This restaurant quality Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe features the perfect combination of cheeses to make the most delicious, rich and creamy cheese sauce to go with our cavatappi pasta which is cooked to perfection in an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 16oz Cavatappi pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 cups (8oz) extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated or cut into small blocks)
- 1/2 cup (2oz) swiss cheese (grated or cut into small blocks)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add chicken broth to Instant Pot and stir in the pasta. Add butter on top.
- Secure lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking time in complete, quick release the pressure and carefully remove lid when pin has dropped.
- Add milk and spices and stir.
- Add cheese in batches, constantly stirring until cheese is melted. Repeat until all the cheese is used.
There’s so many great things you can add in at the end to really add a lot of great flavors! Some of my personal favs are: seasoned breadcrumbs, cooked mild or spicy ground sausage, chili powder, thyme and rosemary, cooked bacon crumbles, steamed broccoli or peas, canned tuna.
Recipe Developed by: Heather Wright