A restaurant quality Spanish rice recipe that cooks to perfection in your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine or Basmati rice (long grain white rice)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the rice in a medium colander, and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- Place olive oil in the instant pot and set to “sauté” function.
- When the pot is hot, add the diced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- Add the rice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes to the instant pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn the instant pot off. Pour in the broth, and scrape up any brown bits from the with a wooden spoon.
- Secure lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook (manual on some appliances) on high pressure for 4 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Press cancel, carefully remove lid, and stir/fluff with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican