- 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large cut in half to 1/2″ thick)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, Italian seasoned
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Marinate chicken in 1 cup of butter milk for at least 30 minutes (overnight, or for several hours even better!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasoned salt. In another bowl beat 2 eggs.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and let excess drip off. Dip chicken into eggs, then dredge through breadcrumb mixture, shaking off any excess. Lay out on the foil lined sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned. Carefully remove pan from oven, spoon some marinara or spaghetti sauce on each piece and top with grated mozzarella cheese and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.