The most tender, juicy and succulent boneless pork butt roast made right in your oven. No special outdoor equipment needed.
- 3–4lb. boneless pork butt roast
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove netting from pork if present. Trim any unwanted fat from pork butt roast. If it has fat cap, best to leave a little bit on, less than 1/4″ thick.
- Apply seasoning rub over the meat. Massage and press into meat as best possible.
- Place meat in a large zip-top bag, sealed, overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350°(F).
- Place seasoned pork but on wire rack of a roasting pan with the fat side up. Place in oven at 350°(F) approximately 3-4 hours. Monitor closely with an instant read meat thermometer. Remove from oven when center of meat reached 185°(F). (This is more important than the time and the indicator that it’s done)
- Remove roasting pan with pork butt from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes before transferring meat to a cutting board to be sliced.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 200 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American