This rich, decadent chocolate banana bread is so moist, so tender, and so blissful. Easy recipe that is sure to please a crowd.
- 3–4 medium sized bananas, about 1 1/3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°(F). Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, oil, brown sugar and sugar. It will become light and fluffy. Then mix in the eggs and mashed bananas. You can use a hand mixer for this step if you want but a good wooden spoon will work too.
- Now pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to to combine. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Press them in a little bit.
- Bake at 350°(F) for 50-60 minutes. Check for doneness by poking the center with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the banana bread is done.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American