A favorite easy recipe for cinnamon swirl loaf. With all simple ingredients and steps, it’s a moist, sweet and heavenly treat!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° (F). Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl or a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add in vanilla and eggs one by one and sour cream until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in batches and stir until everything comes together.
- Pour 1 cup of the loaf batter into the loaf pan and spread it out with a spatula. Now sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter. Use a knife (or something pointy such as a skewer) to make a swirl pattern.
- Pour another 1 cup of the batter on top, followed by another tablespoon of the cinnamon mixture and again make a swirl pattern.
- Pour in the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture evenly on the top. (No need to swirl the top coating of the cinnamon).
- Bake at 350° (F) for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool 15-20 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
Keywords: cinnamon, loaf, cake, dessert