This delicious roasted pumpkin soup is loaded with a cornucopia of fresh ingredients to bring out all the natural, wonderful flavors of the pumpkin. The perfect, warm, comforting soup on a cool autumn day.
- 1 (4lb) Pie Pumpkin
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Chicken broth (32oz)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Cut stem off pumpkin, cut pumpkin in half vertically and scoop out seeds and stringy insides.
- Brush inside flesh with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme
- Place pumpkin halves upside down on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Poke a few holes into the pumpkin halves with sharp knife.
- Roast at 350°(F) for 45-60 minutes until outside skin is very soft and easily poked through with a knife or fork.
- Let cool for a bit and scoop out inside flesh with a spoon or ice cream scoop and set aside on a plate. Should be approximately 4 cups.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and add butter. When hot and butter is melted, add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add garlic during final minute.
- Press cancel to stop sauté mode and add pumpkin, broth, ginger and nutmeg. Stir.
- Secure lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes quick release the pressure.
- When pin drops, carefully remove lid. Use an immersion blender and blend soup to a silky smooth consistency. Add water as needed if soup is too thick.
- Serve with sourdough bread, roasted pumpkin seeds, cinnamon or additional nutmeg.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American