Sweet, tangy, spicy, this recipe uses lean pork tenderloin, an easy spice rub and an exquisite BBQ sauce to make the most incredible Instant Pot pulled pork sandwiches.
- 2 pork tenderloins (2-3lbs. total)
- 1.5 cups (12oz) ginger ale
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1.5 tbs chili powder
- 1.5 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 4 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Cut pork tenderloins into 3 pieces each.
- In a large bowl, mix all the BBQ rub spices and add the pork. Coat well.
- In a medium bowl, add BBQ sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Add ginger ale to Instant Pot, mix in 2 tbs apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce. Mix well. Place pork directly into liquid.
- Secure lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When pressure cooking is complete, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure.
- When pin drops, carefully remove the lid. Remove pork to a plate and set aside. Remove 1 cup of the liquid and discard the rest. Place pork back into pot and shred with 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup of the liquid and about 1/2 the BBQ sauce. Add remaining liquid as desired.
- Serve pulled pork on fresh brioche buns with additional BBQ sauce as desired.
Recipe developed by: Heather Wright