- 6–8 chicken legs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- Rinse and pat dry chicken legs
- In a large ziploc bag, mix all the dry igredients, then add the chicken legs, 2 at a time and shake them in the mixture so they’re well coated. Continue until all chicken legs are coated with the rub.
- Add cup of water to Instant pot and place the trivet in pot. Add the chicken legs to the trivet with the large side down on the trivet and lean the ends against the side of the pot.
- Secure lid, set vent to “sealing” and pressure cook on high for 18 minutes, followed by a 5 minutes natural release, After the 5 minutes, go ahead and quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Set oven to broil setting and layout the chicken legs on a foil lined baking sheet. Brush the chicken legs with your favorite barbecue sauce. Broil for 5 minutes or until sauce is caramelized.