- 3 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- BBQ sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and salt. When well mixed, liberally apply the rub to all sides of the pork chops.
- Add vegetable oil to the Instant Pot and set on saute mode. When oil is hot, add pork chops and sear on each side for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes. Then remove pork chops and set aside on a plate.
- Press cancel to stop the saute mode and add water to pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape all the bits off the bottom, then mix in the 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce.
- Add pork chops to the liquid, leaving space between each if possible, secure lid, set seal to “sealing” and pressure cook (manual) for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, let the pressure naturally release (takes 10-15 min). Once pin drops, carefully remove lid and transfer pork chops to a foil lined baking sheet. Brush bbq sauce on pork chops and place under broiler for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.