Use your Instant Pot can make the most delicious, homemade Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup! With a touch of nutmeg and fresh ginger, this vibrant, hearty soup is sure to please.
- 1 butternut squash (medium sized), peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 sweet potato (medium sized), peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot (medium sized), chopped
- 1 yellow onion (medium sized), chopped)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and melt butter. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Press “cancel”. Add butternut squash, sweet potato, parsley, thyme, nutmeg, ginger, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Chicken broth should just cover all the ingredients (adjust as necessary).
- Secure lid, pressure cook on high for 12 minutes. When cycle is complete, natural release for 10 minutes. Remove lid.
- Use an immersion blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, butternut squash, sweet potato, ginger, soup