Juicy and tender Instant Pot chicken thighs smothered with a rich and creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Easy recipe with simple ingredients.
- 4 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 tbs garlic (minced or chopped, or about 6 cloves)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Pat chicken dry. In a small bowl or zip top bag, combine salt, pepper, paprika and thyme. Add chicken and coat well with the seasoning mixture.
- Set instant Pot to “saute” mode and add oil. When hot, add chicken thighs and saute for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken to plate and add garlic to pot. Saute garlic for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until slightly golden brown. Then press cancel.
- Add chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Place chicken, skin side up, back into pot, secure lid with valve in sealing position, and pressure cook (manual) on high for 18 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes (release any remaining pressure after that).
- Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and slowly whisk in the cream, then add parmesan cheese. Mix well and let simmer for 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens. Press cancel. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
- Serve chicken with plenty of the cream sauce poured over the top.
While making the sauce during the final step, you can place the chicken under the broiler in your oven or in an air fryer for a few minutes to crisp up the skin if desired.
Keywords: instant pot, chicken thighs, creamy, garlic, parmesan