- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 28.5oz cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Set your Instant Pot to saute on high setting and melt the butter. When butter is melted and hot, add onions and celery and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Press cancel and add tomatoes, broth, sugar, salt and basil. Not the yogurt yet! With the tomatoes, broth, sugar and basil added to the sauteed onions and celery, secure the lid, close the seal and pressure cook for 10 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete do a quick release of the pressure and remove lid.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until it’s an even consistency. Usually takes a couple of minutes. Now add the Greek Yogurt and slowly blend it into the soup for about 30 seconds.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, soup, tomato, basil