And easy recipe for perfectly seasoned Mexican chicken breast with rice, peppers and black beans.
- 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn (thawed frozen kernel corn or drained canned corn)
- 1 cup black beans (drained)
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white rice
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the spices, salt, 1 tbs of the vegetable oil and chicken. Toss to coat all the chicken pieces well. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbs oil to Instant Pot and press saute. When it indicates “hot” add chicken pieces slowly in a single layer. Let brown for 1 minute. Toss with a wooden spoon to flip the chicken as best possible and brown for another 1 minute. After 2 minutes of browning the chicken, add the chopped peppers and canned green chiles and saute for another 3 minutes. Press cancel.
- Add a little broth first and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot. Pour in remaining broth, add rice and stir together. Secure lid and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
- When time is up, flip the quick release valve to release the pressure. Remove lid and add the corn and black beans. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Rice will continue to absorb liquid and sauce will thicken.
- Scoop into bowls and add any desired toppings – shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro or any toppings you like.