- 1 cup split red lentils
- 4 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- salt to taste
- Set Instant Pot to “saute” and add butter. When hot add carrot, celery, onion, pepper and saute until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, can of diced tomatoes and split red lentils and stir it all together. Secure lid, set vent to the “sealing” position and pressure cook (manual on some Instant Pots) for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Remove lid and use an immersion for about 20 seconds. Leave some of the soup chunky for the best consistency.