Delicious sausage gravy recipe for an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 1lb pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions.
- Spray Instant Pot liner with nonstick cooking spray. Press saute and add pork sausage.
- Use a wooden spoon to breakup sausage while it browns. Cook sausage through until no longer pink. This should take about 5-7 minutes. When done, press cancel.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and stir well. Pour in chicken broth. Place butter right on top. Secure lid, set vent to sealing position and pressure cook (manual) on high for 2 minutes. When time in complete, do a quick release and press cancel.
- Remove lid and add milk. Press saute button and stir for a couple of minutes, just until the gravy starts to bubble, then press cancel. Gravy will thicken during this time.
- Serve sausage gravy over warm biscuits and enjoy!