- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 8oz package of diced ham
- 1 package (16oz) dried green split green peas, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions, celery and carrots until tender. Then add thyme and saute for another minute.
- Add mixture to slow cooker with the broth, water and peas. Stir well and cook on low for 7-8 hours until the peas are tender.
- Remove half the soup and put in in a blender and blend until smooth. Return to slow cooker and add Canadian bacon and pepper and heat through.