- 1 lb chicken breast cutlets (about 4)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 package (5 oz) frozen chopped spinach (drained)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (for marinade)
- Marinade chicken cutlets in italian dressing in a ziploc bag for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and pinch of salt. Make sure spinach is well drained of any water. Mix to a nice creamy consistency.
- Use a paper plate and fill with breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside. Beat egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Put wax paper on a flat surface and layout chicken cutlets. Spread 2 spoonfuls of ricotta mixture over chicken. One by one, roll them up, dunk in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam down in baking dish that has been coated in non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- (If using sauce and cheese, remove dish after 25 minutes, cover chicken with sauce and cheese and bake an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.)