Chocolate fudge cookies that have a soft and chewy texture, paired with a rich and chocolatey flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. This easy recipe is perfect for anyone wanting to make cookies that will impress!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch Processed if available)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (dark brown preferred)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk it all together and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and 1/2 of the chocolate chips or chunks. Microwave in 30 second intervals until everything is melted.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until fully incorporated. Then add chocolate mixture and continue to mix together.
- Add flour mixture and continue to mix for 3 minutes until everything is well combined. Gently fold in remaining chunks/chips. Place bowl with batter in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill and thicken (important).
- Preheat oven to 350°(F) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out batter and roll into balls (wet hands first!) about 1.5″ in diameter. Place on parchment at least 3 inches apart. With hands still wet, press batter down to about 1/4″ thick. Add additional chips or chunks to tops of cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
Gluten free option: substitute a 1:1 all-purpose gluten free flour mix which contains xantham gum, for the regular flour. Everything else will remain the same.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert