Thick, juicy, bone-in pork chops, expertly seasoned and grilled to absolute perfection. With a dry rub that provides the most delicious BBQ sweet and savory flavors.
- 2 bone-in pork chops, thick cut (1-2″ thick)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat grill with cover closed to medium/high heat for at least 10 minutes. Make sure grates are seasoned (coated generously with oil – see notes below)
- Pat pork chops dry and coat with vegetable oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients and apply to both sides and edges of pork chops
- Place pork chops on grill and leave alone for 5-7 minutes, or until they release from the grill grate with little effort. Use tongs and turn pork chops 1/4 turn to create cross grill marks. Continue grilling for 2-3 more minutes.
- Flip pork chops and grill 2nd side for 2-3 minutes, just to sear, and internal temperature of 145°(F)
- Remove pork chops from grill and let rest on a plate for 2-3 minutes before carving.
Seasoned grill grate(s): Your grill will have optimal performance if the grates are seasoned. With the grates scraped and cleaned of any excess debris, use a couple of rolled up paper towels dunked in vegetable oil and coat the grates. Wipe away any excess oil. Grates should have a nice, shiny appearance.
Recipe developed with: Gabriel Alvarez
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled pork chops