A hearty Instant Pot Beef Chuck Chili that’s loaded with beef, fresh veggies and a little heat. Easy recipe that’s ready in under an hour.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless beef chuck, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper (orange, yellow, red or green), diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1.5 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (not drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Turn instant pot to “sauté” mode and add the oil to the pot. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, add the meat and brown for 3 minutes. (Make sure not to overcrowd the pot, do this step in 2 batches)
- Remove the meat with a slotted spoon onto a plate.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno to the pot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add 1/4 cup of broth to pot and use a wooden spoon to deglaze (scrape up the bits off the bottom of the pot)
- Add the remaining broth, meat, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and Worcestershire and stir.
- Pour in the tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste. Don’t stir.
- Secure lid and make sure the seal is set to “sealing”. Pressure cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. When the time is up, allow the instant pot to release naturally for 15 minutes and turn off. Quick release any remaining steam.
- Remove the lid and gently stir everything together.
- Serve the chili with garnishes.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min (+15 release time)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American