An absolutely heavenly recipe for Instant Pot mashed potatoes. Rich, creamy, fluffy potatoes with garlic and parmesan cheese.
- 3 lbs. Russet potatoes, washed and quartered (not peeled)
- 3 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup water
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot liner and add trivet or steamer basket. Add potatoes. Secure lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When pressure cook time is complete, press cancel, quick release the pressure, carefully remove lid, remove potatoes and set aside, drain water from pot.
- Put pot back in place, add butter and press sauté (medium level if applicable). When butter is melted, add the garlic, salt and white pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes are up, press cancel and add potatoes back to pot.
- Use a wooden spoon or potato masher and start mixing everything together while slowly adding the heavy cream. Then add in the parmesan cheese.
- Continue mashing or use a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes to reach desired consistency.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, mashed potatoes