Tender, fall-off-the-bone easy recipe for Instant Pot Ribs. Make the most delicious homemade baby back ribs in under an hour.
- 1 slab of pork baby back ribs (1.5 – 2.5lbs)
- 2 tbs brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- BBQ sauce (about 1/3 cup of your favorite brand)
- Remove membrane from the underside of the ribs by sliding a butter knife under the membrane and gently lifting it off. Use a paper towel for the best grip.
- Mix all dry ingredients well and rub liberally on top and bottom of ribs. Get the sides too.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and pour in the chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place ribs on their side on the trivet, curled around the inside of the Instant Pot with the top of the top facing outward. Secure lid, close vent, and pressure cook (manual on some models) for 28 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, the go ahead and release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and carefully remove the ribs with tongs. Place ribs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Liberally rub your favorite BBQ sauce all over the ribs and place under the broiler of the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce had nicely caramelized.
Keywords: ribs, Instant Pot, pressure cooker, BBQ, pork, baby back ribs