Delectable Instant Pot boneless beef short ribs that are fork tender with a luxurious texture. Served in delicious creamy oregano sauce.
- 1 lb. Boneless Short Ribs (well marbled)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs cold water
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press sauté.
- Pat short ribs dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ribs to the pot and leave them alone for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip and brown an additional 3 minutes. Then remove short ribs to a plate and reserve.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions and garlic powder to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Then press cancel.
- Add red wine vinegar and broth to the Instant Pot and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to remove any browned on bits. Stir in the oregano and add the short ribs directly into the liquid in the pot and secure the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high pressure (“manual” on some Instant Pots) for 45 minutes. When time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then go ahead and release any remaining pressure.
- Press cancel, remove lid and carefully remove the short ribs to a plate and cover with foil.
- Press sauté on Instant Pot and add the butter. In a separate cup or small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Slowly add the cornstarch slurry to the simmering sauce and continue sautéing until sauce thickens.
- Serve the short ribs with sauce and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10min
- Cook Time: 45min (plus time to build pressure and release)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Short Ribs, Beef Ribs