- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Grease up a 10″ cast iron skillet with butter. Be sure to get the sides too.
- In a large bowl, add cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Whisk together well.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, oil, milk and honey. Mix well. Add wet batter to dry ingredients and mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Use a strainer and strain a can of cream corn to get most of the liquid out. Then add 1/2 cup of the corn to the batter and gently mix it in to the batter.
- Pour batter into a well greased iron skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with toothpick in center of cornbread. If it comes out clean, it’s done!