These oven roasted chicken thighs are seasoned with garlic and fresh rosemary for a flavor explosion you’ll love. The outside gets golden and crispy while the inside is very juicy, tender and so delicious!
- 4–6 chicken thighs, bone-on skin-on
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Trim chicken thighs of any excess skin and fat and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Brush tops of chicken thighs with canola oil. Add seasoning and press it in well. Get some of the seasoning under the skin if so desired. Season undersides of thighs as well.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish, skin side up and dab some more oil on the top so the seasonings and skin are well coated.
- Place into a preheated oven at 450°(F) for 30-35 minutes. Internal temperature should be at least 165°(F), but higher is ok too. Should be golden brown.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest in dish for 5 minutes before serving.
Fresh rosemary is recommended for the very best results. But, you can substitute 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American