A savory, hearty Instant Pot pot roast recipe that’s as easy as it gets. Loaded with seasoned beef and fresh vegetables, this is the pot roast recipe you’ll make again and again.
- 2.5 lb. – 3 lb. Chuck Roast
- 1.5 lb Red Potatoes, small (about 10-12)
- 1.5 lb carrots (about 6 carrots)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- Trim chuck roast of excess fat and cut into fist-sized chunks, about 4-6. Season on all sides with the seasoning rub.
- Scrub potatoes clean, leave whole. Cut carrots into large chunks (about 3″ each), peel and slice onion into large chunks.
- Pour beef broth into Instant Pot and add the Worcestershire Sauce. Place meat into liquid, followed by onions, potatoes and carrots. Secure lid.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 40 minutes followed by a 15 minutes natural release (quick release any remaining pressure after 15 minutes).
- Remove all ingredients and serve. Use liquid in pot to pour over dish, thickening with cornstarch if desired (see notes below).
- To make an awesome gravy from the liquid, create a slurry by adding 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to 1/4 cup of cold water. With meat, potatoes and carrots removed from the pot, slowly pour slurry into the liquid and whisk together. Press saute on Instant Pot and heat liquid for just a few minutes until desired consistency.
- If you don’t have Montreal steak seasoning you can use another dry steak seasoning blend. For a very simple Montreal seasoning, use this: 1/2 tbs kosher salt, 1/2 tbs course ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/4 tsp dill weed, 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pot Roast, Instant Pot, Easy Recipe