Classic potato salad made to perfection in your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 3 lbs. Russet potatoes
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (or 3 tsp dried dill)
- 2 tbs fresh chives, finely copped (or 1 tsp dried chives)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Add water to Instant Pot with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, add potatoes. Secure lid, set vent to “sealing” and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- When the 3 minutes are complete, quick release the pressure and press cancel. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Gently add lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix mayo, buttermilk, dijon mustard, dill, onions and chives. Then gently add dressing to potatoes and stir until all incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste (usually about 1/2 teaspoon of each).
- Put potato salad in a container and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.