This creamy orzo recipe is loaded with garlic and Parmesan cheese and makes the perfect side dish for any meal. Cooks to perfection in your Instant Pot and is ready in under 15 minutes.
- 1 cup Orzo
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Minced garlic
- 1–2 tbs Milk
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- Salt to taste (usually about 1/2 tsp)
- Add orzo, chicken broth, garlic and parsley flakes to Instant Pot. Stir to get everything well incorporated. Add butter right on top.
- Secure lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure. When pin drops, remove lid.
- The orzo will still be liquidy. Leave Instant Pot in Keep Warm mode and stir the orzo for a minute or two and it will thicken considerably.
- After a couple of minutes, press Cancel to stop the Keep Warm mode. Add parmesan cheese and milk. Continuously stir for another minutes or two while sauce thickens.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Orzo