Fresh, delicious homemade pickles made with easy steps and ingredients. Picked fresh from your garden, these treats are ready to enjoy the next day!
- 4–6 Cucumbers (Kirby, pickling variety are best)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup White vinegar
- 2 tbs Kosher salt
- 2 tbs Pickling spice
- 1 tbs Peppercorns (black or variety)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4–6 sprigs Fresh dill
- 2–4 cloves Garlic
- Slice cucumbers/pickles into quarters or round slices, depending on preference. You can do halves also.
- Add water, both vinegars, salt and sugar to a pot and bring to a quick boil on the stovetop and stir well. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat and let sit to cool to luke warm.
- Mix the peppercorns with the pickling spice. Using (2) quart-sized glass jars (or similar glass container with lid) add 1.5tbs of the mix, as well as the garlic gloves (1-2 gloves each, depending on how garlicky you like it).
- Add the pickles spears or slices to the jars. Stack the spears vertically in 1 jar, and the slices in the other. Make sure the slices aren’t stuck together.
- Add remaining pickling spice mix to both jars, right on top of the pickles. Place a few sprigs of fresh dill into each jar.
- Carefully pour the cooled brine into each jar, filling all the way to the top to cover the pickles.
- Secure lid and refrigerate 24-48 hours before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Refrigeration
- Cuisine: American