- 1lb fresh broccoli crowns, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups (8oz) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pint (16oz) half and half
- 1/2 tablespoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Add broccoli, chicken broth, onion, carrot and seasoning salt to Instant Pot. Secure lid, set to “Manual” (or “Pressure Cook” depending on which model you have) for 15 minutes with vent on “sealing”.
- Now set cooker to “saute” for 3 minutes with the lid off. After the 3 minutes slowly pour in the half and half while continually whisking. The add the cheese in small amounts 1/4 cup at a time while continually whisking.
- Add hot sauce and stir well into soup.
- If you want a creamier soup, use an immersion blender for about for about 20 seconds.