Perfectly cooked brown rice made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 1 cup dry brown rice (long grain)
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Rinse brown rice under cool water in a colander.
- Add rinsed brown rice to Instant Pot and add 1.25 cups water (or broth). Add 1 tsp olive oil and stir to get everything well mixed.
- Secure lid with vent closed and pressure cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 20 minutes. (It may take less time. If the pin still hasn’t dropped after 20 minutes, go ahead and quick release any remaining pressure)
- When the pin drops, press cancel and carefully remove lid. Stir and fluff rice. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min + 20min NPR
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American