A savory recipe for chicken thighs and brown rice for your Instant Pot. One of the easiest and best recipes to show off how good an Instant Pot recipe can be!
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Rinse rice and soak in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes minimum.
- Mix lemon juice, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder; season chicken thighs with mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add oil. Once oil is heated add chicken thighs, skin side down. Sear for 2-3 minutes then flip and sear other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Continuing in saute mode, add butter to the pot, followed by onion. Saute onions for about 2-3 minutes or until translucent, then add garlic and saute another 1 minute.
- Press cancel to stop the saute mode and pour in about 1/4 cup of the broth. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get any browned bits that might be stuck on. Drain the rice and pour it into the pot. Pour in remaining broth and place chicken on top of rice. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Secure the lid, set the valve to sealed position and pressure cook (manual on some Instant Pots) on high pressure for 18 minutes. After cycle is complete, let pressure naturally release for 15 minutes (quick release after 15 minutes if it’s not fully released).
- Remove chicken and let rice sit for 5 minutes with the lid removed to continue to absorb liquid.
- Optional Step: Place chicken under broiler for 5 minutes to crisp skin.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, chicken thighs, brown rice