This homemade Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese is cooked to perfection with a rich and creamy cheese sauce that the whole family will love. The ultimate comfort food that will have everyone digging in for more.
- 1lb (16oz) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 8oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Add water and salt to Instant Pot. Add the macaroni and stir well so it’s all submerged in the water. Secure lid and use manual (pressure cook) for 4 minutes with vent sealed.
- When cooking time is up, press cancel, remove lid and use a spatula with mix the macaroni and stir in the butter, evaporated milk, ground mustard and hot sauce.
- Press the saute button and then slowly add the cheese, a handful at a time and continue to mix it in until melted. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Once all the cheese is melted, press cancel to stop the saute mode and you’re ready to enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American