A delicious and hearty Instant Pot mushroom barley soup that’s easy to make and loaded with fresh ingredients.
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup barley, pearled
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute setting and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add carrots, onions and celery. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until onions are just becoming translucent. Then add mushrooms and continue sauteing for another 3 minutes.
- Press cancel to stop the saute cycle and add vegetable broth. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot (scrape the any cooked-on bits). Add herbs, barley, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Secure lid and cook on manual (pressure cook) on high for 20 minutes.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest. Remove lid, remove the bay leaves and stir. You’re now ready to serve.