- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and baking soda. In another bowl, mash bananas, add egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well and then add to bowl with dry ingredients and nuts. Mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 way full each. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before enjoying.
Recipe updated April 2020
Add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon for even more delicious flavor
Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips if desired