- 6oz package of fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix by hand into a batter.
- Gently mix in raspberries. Spoon raspberry batter into muffin tin lined with paper cupcake liners. Fill about 3/4 full. You’ll get about 8-10 muffins.
- Use a spoon and sprinkle a layer of turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.